Monday, February 17, 2014

Before & After: Creating a Yummy Brochure with Graphic Design

At first when I received this brochure for this product, I wasn't sure what it was.  Can you tell?  It made me think it was for a comic book like the Swamp Thing.  The entrepreneur who was starting to sell this product wanted to see if I could improve the brochure with graphic design.  I talked with him for a while to get an idea of who he wanted to market it to and to find out what the product was.

The brochure before my graphic design.  Can you tell what it's for?  Who would this brochure appeal to?

He said it was a frozen dessert and he was hoping to market it to Whole Foods.  I regularly shop at Whole Foods, so I didn't find it difficult to figure out what would appeal to this market.  I knew that it would have to make this dessert look yummy and fun, but also organic and made with love and care.  Below is what I came up with.  Do you think it's improved?  Do you understand what is being sold now?

The brochure after my graphic design.  Does you understand what the product is? How does it make you feel?

The entrepreneur wasn't satisfied with my brochure and thought it was too simple and basic and not quite the feel he wanted.  I would have loved to continue working on it, but he was not willing to pay for it.  Unfortunately, that is the way it is sometimes.  If nothing else, I think it will make a good piece to put in my graphic design portfolio.  What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. The first brochure is a bit scaring, I'm afraid. And it's unclear what they are selling: I didn't understand until I saw the word "gelato". I prefer simpler things... Unluckily I wasn't your client, you'd be well paid for the brochure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hawwa! I agree. I thought it was creepy and unsavory. Thanks for dropping by and commenting! Happy days to you!

      Delete
  2. oh wow...this guy has a weird way of thinking...the first brochure is so confusing and ugly...and I love yours. i like the pastel colors and how you tried to put all the information there in a way that we can still understand what the heck is going on...he is silly not to work with you anymore...I am so sorry:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Micu, thanks for sharing what you think. I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who found the first one confusing and scary. And thank you for your support. Too bad you weren't my agent. Hahahaaa! You're the best!

      Delete
    2. I wish I could be your agent:)

      Delete

Nice to hear from you. I always appreciate you sharing your ideas and thoughts with me. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...