Friday, May 16, 2014

3rd Time's the Charm: Creating Mail Art & Card for a Family Loss

This month for Mail a Smile, the mail art group I've been a part of for over a year, we sent our mail art and cards to a family who has suffered the loss of a dear family member.   The theme for this month is "Your Favorite Flower".  It seemed very appropriate for our recipients.  I've never created a sympathy card before and I had a card time making it.  It took me 3 tries before I was satisfied with the results. 

Attempt #1:  I started with some paper cutting to make a sympathy card, but I didn't like the cut letters.

Attempt #2:  I switched to watercoloring, but I felt like my card was too generic and bland.


Attempt #3:  I tried watercoloring again, but just let things flow, giving the flowers a lost & found feel.  I liked it because it conveyed what I felt and what I wanted to portray.


In fact, I liked the sympathy card so much, I decided to do the same thing for a congratulations card I had to make for a friend who is graduating this weekend.  I made a custom envelope to go with the card.  I think my friend will like it.

2 comments:

  1. I love the second one, it is gorgeous:)) I mean I love the other ones as well:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaah, you are so kind. Thank you, Micu.

      Delete

Nice to hear from you. I always appreciate you sharing your ideas and thoughts with me. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...