Sunday, May 25, 2014

Before & After: Using Photoshop to Change a Mistake in a Painting

I may not be posting as much as I usually do because I'm in the middle of working 2 big book projects that need my illustration and graphic design skills.  It's been a lot of fun to get these projects, but it has forced me to be much more organized about my time.  Below is a little peek at 1 of the watercolor paintings I created for 1 of the books.


For this book, I'm creating the illustration in watercolor.  After I painted the portrait of this woman, there were a few things I didn't like about it.  I wished I could go back and change them, but I thought it would take too much time to do it over again.  Then I realized I could easily do the changes in Photoshop.  


Mostly, I wanted to change the position of the mouth and to elongate the chin.  No problem in Photoshop.  Once I started making these changes, I decided to do a few more.  I made the brows a little more angry.  I pushed up the nose a little.  I added some white highlights and finally I faded the edges of the painting.  What do you think of the changes?  Have you ever used Photoshop to do some quick changes to your artwork?

4 comments:

  1. i dont know how to use photoshop:) but I like your changes, good job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Photo shop does that for me too lol. I am one messy worker and you can garantee there is always something I need to clear up in PS. I am so glad I have come to see you here and catch up with your art. You are doing great!!! Love ManonXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Manon. I didn't know that you used PS in your work. Thanks for letting me know. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Nice to hear from you. I always appreciate you sharing your ideas and thoughts with me. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...